Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5, 1999

On Sun, 07 Nov 1999, Stephen Zander wrote:

>     Roland> I think, that this is an acceptable workaround for
>     Roland> potato until we find someone with the needed knowledge
>     Roland> of Perl 5.005 and Postscript to really fix the problem.

> I have, for now, reduced the bug to normal severity while I attempt
> to establish if it really is an html2ps bug or whether the
> underlying sematics have changed somewhere else.

I don't understand, why you lowered severity.  Did you work around
this problem?  As far as I can see version 1.0b1-8 (or did I miss a
newer one?) is still using /usr/bin/perl (which normally points to
perl-5.005) which does not correctly work according to #45596 and
#46275.  It's a work around to use /usr/bin/perl-5.004, but this
requires the following changes in the package:
- depend on perl-5.004
- depend on imagemagick instead of perlmagick
- activate ImageMagick in /etc/html2psrc
- deactivate PerlMagick in /etc/html2psrc

Until these changes are done, I think that the bug is still important,
because the package is quite useless with perl 5.005.

Ciao

        Roland

--
 * roland@spinnaker.de * http://www.spinnaker.de/ *