Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5, 1999

   Package: emacs20 (main)
   Maintainer: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
     33237  /etc/alternatives/emacs not managed properly -
     /usr/bin/emacs doesn't run emacs20
   [STRATEGY] Maintainer promised to fix this.

I'd love some help with this one by anyone more knowledgable about the
alternatives system.  I'm wondering if I might have the calls in the
wrong places (postinst vs preinst) or without the right guards
(configure vs purge vs upgrade).  I've looked in to this some, but I
don't have time ATM to investigate it extremely carefully.

  48997  emacs20_20.4-1(unstable): hardcoded i386 in debian/rules

This will be fixed soon.  I thought I'd do it today, but I didn't get
the time.

  Package: emacsen-common (main)
  Maintainer: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
    48681  gettext: can not install gettext on a new potato system

This one I need to look in to.  It may be a real bug, or it may be
another "problem with add-on package" that gets reported as an emacs
bug.  I'll check.

Thanks