Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5, 1999

On 99-11-06 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 08:20:50PM +0100, Christian Kurz écrivait:
> > > Package: darxite (main)
> > > Maintainer: Ben C. Hendrickson <bhendrickson@usa.net>
> > >   48846  Downloading multiple files via html causes data corruption
> >
> > This bug is over one week old and there's no reaction from the
> > maintainer in the BTS. Is he on holiday or busy?

> Actually Ben is not an official developer yet, I have sponsored his job.
> I spoke with him recently about a new upstream version of darxite
> so he must be somewhere around ...

Good to know. I had something like this in mind, but wasn't sure. Could
you then please look a bit at the package and make sure that it gets
fixed or otherwise contact the archive-maintainers to remove it?

> > > Package: dwww (main)
> > > Maintainer: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> > >   49072  dwww_1.4.3.5-1.1(unstable): doesn't delete debian/files
> >
> > Argh, extremely easy to fix. When will there be the new release or is it
> > allowed to NMU?

> According to the version number, the last upload was an NMU ... another
> NMU wouldn't hurt probably. :-)

Alright, could then somebody from the QA core team make the necessary
NMU to fix this package?

> > > Package: gnome-apt (main)
> > > Maintainer: Apt Packaging Team <apt@packages.debian.org>
> > >   44427  gnome-apt: Broken Package
> >
> > Can't we remove this package if it doesn't get fixed?

> Is nobody interested in maintaing it upstream ?

Well, maybe someone who is using gnome already. I think the person needs
to be familar with gnome in some way to maintain the package really.

> > > Package: lha (non-free)
> > > Maintainer: Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> > >   48748  lha has no license
> >
> > Can't we remove the package if we don't get a proper license for it?

> It's used for generating debian CD for m68k.

Could then some people try to solve this issue? It doesn't look very
good to use a software without any licence for creating a debian CD. I
think it would be good, if lha would get a free license.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *