Re: Admnistrativa and security

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 06:33:42PM +0100, Grzegorz Stelmaszek wrote:
> Maybe you had forgotten but there still is remote bug in proftpd versions
> prior to version pre6 (aik exploit has not been *published*). As you could
> note, www.debian.org uses vulnurable version of proftpd.

Please, admins, also upgrade wu-ftpd to 2.6.0, because of similar security
problems, that could sometimes lead to . You don't even have to recompile it,
the package in potato is compiled on slink.

> Also many of your primary web and ftp mirrors do. It's very (imho)
> dengerous and should be fixed asap.

Debian project can't force the mirrors to do anything, although a friendly
reminders could help fix this...

> I'd also like to inform you that, Debian's distribution STILL contains
> vulnurable porftpd distribution ... (that many useres use).

This is not the case with wu-ftpd :)

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name