Re: Netstd changes?

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:
> netstd should depend on "ftp-server | ftpd | wu-ftpd | proftpd" rather
> than on "ftpd".
>
> that's assuming that "ftp-server" is a valid virtual package name. if it
> isn't then it should be.

Hell, why should we _require_ that someone have an ftpd installed?

Since it was broken out of netstd, I no longer install telnet,
preferring ssh.

I have no use for a finger daemon, why should I have to install it?

I think the _real_ problem is that packages have depended on netstd,
and their dependencies need to be changed to be more specific.

Mike.