Re: New policy locations for docs

On 6 Nov 1999, Roland Rosenfeld wrote:

> Mike Markley <mike@markley.org> wrote:
>
> > OK, I'm looking at the policy manual and while I do see the
> > /usr/share/doc thing, I don't see any mention of symlinks to
> > /usr/doc either way. Are we allowed to symlink
> > /usr/share/doc/package to /usr/doc/package?
>
> No, it's strictly forbidden.  You should link /usr/doc/package to
> /usr/share/doc/package in postinst (and remove it in prerm).

Sorry, that's what I meant, I always switch around my from's and to's when
talking about symlinks... the plan was, /usr/share/doc/packagename, with a
symlink in /usr/doc.

> Please have a look at policy 3.1, which is in Incoming at the moment:

I'm not currently a maintainer, so I don't believe I have any access to
Incoming. Which brings up another goodie.. still looking for a sponsor
unless new-maintainer opens back up Real Soon Now(tm) ;).

Thanks for the answers. I'm off to make a couple quick changes to my
post(inst|rm) scripts...

--
-- Mike Markley <mike@markley.org> PGP: 3B047084  (finger/keyserver)
-- Owner, The Pink Floyd Fandom: http://www.pinkfloyd.net