Re: PGP 5 and debian

At 21:43 -0700 1999-10-26, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
 Just a quick question. I was recently doing some normal maintainence of my
public keyring, and decided to add in the entire debian ring (as opposed to
invoking pgp multiple times from my mta). Now, whenever I do a key op on my
pubring, I get output like this:

Unsupported packet format - you need a newer version of PGP for this file.

Unsupported packet format - you need a newer version of PGP for this file.

... I get 8 of these ...

Is this a pgp 5 thing? Does anyone know what to do about it?

I asked james about this on IRC once, he said that debian-keyring.pgp is no longer fully pgp2 compatible due to there being gpg signatures on some of the keys. gpg with the rsa{,ref} and idea modules will work fine.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>