Re: /usr/doc and /usr/share/doc on different partitions

The error is cross-device links not allowed.

I have the same problem too.  We mount /usr/doc ro NFS
on one particular machine.

Anytime we install apt-conf unmounts /usr/doc, does its thing,
blows away the contents of the local /usr/doc, and
remounts.  Similar for /usr/man and /usr/info.  And,
presumably, /usr/share once I have a moment to check the
architecture thing.

cfm