Re: Stop archive bloat: 47MB gmt-coast-full_19991001-1.deb

On 18 Oct 1999, Philippe Troin wrote:

> Do we really need a 47MB file that will be useful to maybe 10 people
> using Debian (at most) ? We already fill 5+ CDs...

On the same subject, the Debian archive is now 10.8G in size, at the
current rate of growth a majority of the mirrors will likely stop
mirroring non-i386 by the end of next year and if things continue in two
release time we will be like 20G big and we won't even be able to mirror
it ourselves!

We badly need to prune stuff and be more efficient.

Jason