Re: Announcing the first release of potato boot-floppies

On 12 Oct 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:
>
> > Currently the files created by the boot floppies package are scattered out
> > over the Incoming directory. Can we get them collected together in one
> > subdirectory, preferably in the disks-i386 section?
> >
> > I would gladly get the testing group started on this, but most of them
> > aren't going to be able to deal with the current state of Incoming. Can we
> > get this fixed?
>
> We can change the 'byhand' entries in that manner, but I would like
> word from the archive managers that this would help and not hinder
> them.

In the past, this has simply been a directory in disks-i386, named after
the date of the build, like 1999-09-12, and usually a link called current
that points to the most recent. I believe that in the past, this was set
up by the boot floppies maintainer...

Thanks for all the good work, I look forward to testing the boot disks.

Luck,

Dwarf