Re: pine in other distributions?

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, David Weinehall wrote:

> Thus we are free to distribute even a patched Pine,

No! Anyone is allowed to _locally_ modify Pine, but there's no statement
about distributing such modified versions. And "Redistribution of this
release is permitted as follows [...]" of course only covers "this
release" as provided from U. of Washington.

> We'll still have to keep it in the non-free area, of course, as it's a
> BSD-style license, but...

When did the BSD license change to non-free? From the Debian Policy
section 2.1.1.:

     Example Licenses
          The ``GPL,'' ``BSD,'' and ``Artistic'' licenses are examples of
          licenses that we consider _free_.

Thomas
--
GnuPG: ID=B0FA4F49, PGP2: ID=2EA7BBBD