Re: Tcl-ja/Tk-ja (Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja))

Hello,

From: Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu>
Subject: Re: Tcl-ja/Tk-ja (Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP:  grep-ja))
Date: 03 Sep 1999 10:12:20 -0400

dunham> If the -ja patches don't break any non-japanese stuff, then shouldn't
dunham> they be added to the main tcl/tk packages?  We really shouldn't have
dunham> any -ja packages, unless absolutely necessary.
What is the "absolutely necessary" condition.  Give examples
concretly.

	I seem that you mean "Japanese person must not use Debian".
There is no other interpretation to be placed on it.

As I say repeatedly, True I18N is more difficult than you think.
(I think Emacs is the nearest posion, but It is insufficient yet.)
# We know that our efforts are needed much more, of course.

 Ultimate goal may indicate that Debian does not have any *-ja package.
But this is very nonsense idea  at least for a long time from now.

Regards.

 -----
Research Institute of Electrical Communication
Tohoku University
Dr. Ryuichi Arafune
arafune@ushioda.riec.tohoku.ac.jp