Re: Upgrading to potato
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Upgrading to potato
- From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 03:29:00 +0100 (BST)
- Message-id: <E11M08z-00018j-00@polya>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990831211602.1525Afirstname.lastname@example.org> from "email@example.com" at "Aug 31, 1999 9:17:51 pm"
> Hi all,
> I'm running 'apt-get distupgrade' to upgrade my slink to potato. But
> apt-get only gets debs, and what's about the base system (the tgz) ? How
> do I install it without losing data/configuration of my system ?
Others have answered this; just to say that you may wish to do
first, before the apt-get dist-upgrade, to actually get the info.
(And you'll obviously need to modify your sources.list.)
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, see http://www.debian.org/~jdg