Re: ITR: Leaving the Debian project

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, James Mastros wrote:

> > - Us vs the rest of the world attitude sucks.
> I've acatualy seen _very_ little of this.  Less, I think, then any other
> list I've been on devoted to a purticular product (possibly with the
> exception of lynx-dev).

Oh well. In my experience, I've seen too much people slagging off other
distributions because they're not Debian. To be expected, I suppose, but
I don't have to like it.  It reflects badly on the project.

> > So, I'll be switching to another distribution that meets
> > my needs more satisfactorily and doesn't alienate its
> > developers.
> Good luck.

There actually are other usable distributions with nice installs and
post-setup configuration.  Apt still kicks butt tho ;)

> (As another person mentioned rather snipply, there is a section on this in
> maintaner-guide.  It says you should have posted this to -private, but I
> disagree with the entire concept of having a -private.)
Well, I've posted to -private and orphaned my packages.

Regards,

Leon

--
Leon J. Breedt    |   leon @ obsidian.co.za