Re: September Release?
On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 08:00:52PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 01:39:16AM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > But yes, I will protest most strongly if we freeze before I get 3.3.4
> > packaged. I got way too much grief from people for leaving 188.8.131.52 in
> > slink even though our freeze schedule pretty much made that decision for
> > me.
> If we have a short freeze-time this should not be an issue.
> On the other hand, it would be good to have some definate goals for
> potato so that we can actually know when is the right time to freeze.
The las time this was discussed it was determined better not to have release
goals anymore. Just freeze, fix bugs, release.
> Why not wait for Linux 2.4 while we're at it?
No! This will delay us another few months I am sure.
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org finger brinkmd@
Marcus Brinkmann GNU http://www.gnu.org master.debian.org
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de for public PGP Key
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/ PGP Key ID 36E7CD09