Re: Another Debian based distribution

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> FYI I've just read on a french web site dedicated to linux news
> that there's a new Debian GNU/Linux based distribution.
>
> It's called Stormix and it's here :
> http://www.stormix.com
>
> And they have developed a tool that can run in both console and X11 mode
> using a special language (SIL) which describes the interface ...

Close, Simple Interface Language. I have produced a spec for SIL 2.0 but
it's not quite finished. Check out our web site in a few weeks time
for more info.

> There are screenshots of the install process :
> http://www.stormix.com/about/screen_shots.html
>
> Everything is GPLed so we may take a close look at it and use things
> that we find good ... the people working on the graphical installation
> in particular.
>
> And something amusing, their logo is also a kind of swirl in 3D. :)

Purely coincedence, actually. We had ours 1st, though! :>

| R Garth Wood                    | Storm Linux: Taking Linux by storm. |
| Stormix Technologies Inc.       | www.stormix.com                     |
| Senior UNIX Developer           |                                     |