Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: ITP: Powertweak]
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:29:49 +0000 (   )
From: "Dave Jones." <djones2@glam.ac.uk>
To: Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@netscape.com>

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

> I am planning on packaging your PowerTweak for Linux as a Debian GNU/Linux
> package (http://www.debian.org/).  I posted my Intent To Package to the
> Debian Developers mailing list and an interesting legal point came up.  You
> have placed PowerTweak for Linux under the GPL.
> This is in conflict with the GPL.  The GPL prohibits such a clause.  Until
> this clause is removed, I cannot package this software because the Debian
> Developers are committed to The Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) and
> this particular clause is in conflict with the DFSG.
> Would you be open to removing this clause and placing your software under
> unmodified GPL?

I spotted this on the debian list archive a few days ago,
and have removed all such clauses from Powertweak.
The next release will be in a week or so.

If you would like to be 'official deb packager' I suggest you
join the Powertweak-Linux mailing list (details on the website).
It's a pretty low traffic list, and will contain announcements
before freshmeat, betanews etc..

Thanks for your interest.

D.
| Dave 'Barc0de' Jones.     djones2@glam.ac.uk  |