Re: Request for package: shtool

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 12:33:31PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found this interesting package and I think it should be packaged for
> Debian, too. Maybe somebody is interested in doing so.
>
> - - - - - - - - Snip here to damage your screeen - - - - - - - -
>  GNU shtool -- The GNU Portable Shell Tool
>  Copyright (c) 1994-1999 Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com>
>
>  The GNU shtool program is a compilation of small but very stable and
>  portable shell scripts into a single shell tool. All ingredients
>  were in successful use over many years in various free software
>  projects. The compiled shtool program is intended to be used inside
>  the source tree of free software packages. There it can take over
>  various (usually non-portable) tasks related to the building and
>  installation of such packages.
> - - - - - - - - Snip here to damage your screeen - - - - - - - -
>
> Cheers
>        Christian
> --
> * Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
> *         Use Debian - a free Operating System for your PC         *

If no one else has already staked a claim, I am willing to package
it. I downloaded it and took a look. It looks fairly
straightforward. It seems to be an additional prong to development tools
like autoconf, automake and libtool.
I also found the following website with more details for those that
are interested:
http://www.gnu.org/software/shtool/

Gopal
Gopal Narayanan                          Ph #: (413) 545 0925
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory Fax#: (413) 545 4223
University of Massachusetts              e-mail: gopal@fcrao1.phast.umass.edu
Amherst MA 01003