ITP: yacas (computer algebra)

I have been resisting taking on new packages, but I can't resist
this one. The license looks free.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~apinkus/yacas.html

Yacas (Yet Another Computer Algebra System) is a small and highly
flexible computer algebra language. The syntax is very close to
Mathematica. The distribution contains a small library of mathematical
functions, but its real strength is in the language in which you can
easily write your own symbolic manipulation algorithms. It supports
arbitrary precision arithmetic.

The only system this code has been tested on is Linux (RedHat 5.1).

The distribution comes with a small standalone interactive 3d viewer
based on OpenGL (MesaGL in fact) and glut. Here are some screen shots
of yaglviewer in action. yaglviewer is included in the Yacas
distribution, but it is a standalone application (so Yacas is not
bound to OpenGL and glut).

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org