Re: PGP keys without system accounts

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > --------
> > pub  1024R/CC7D19D9 1998-01-21 Holger Eitzenberger <eit@parsytec.de>
> >      Key fingerprint = 67 6F FE 5A 15 94 DB 2C  44 1C 40 30 C1 C0 4F 0A
> > uid                            Holger Eitzenberger
> > <holger.eitzenberger@weh.rwth-aachen.de>
> > uid                            Holger Eitzenberger
> > <eitz@weh.rwth-aachen.de>
>
> Login octavian, simple match is valid -> finger eitz on master.

Ah, his last name is shortened in the passwd file, that is why it did not
get matched. I've matched his last name in the passwd file to the pgp key

> > ------
> > pub  1024R/B6A6B769 1998-02-01 Jonathon D. Nelson <nels0988@tc.umn.edu>
> >      Key fingerprint = 43 92 5C 33 C0 41 39 D2  21 86 48 DA 70 23 1C 1C
>
> Login john, simple match is possible -> finger Nelson on master.

Again the spelling is wrong in the passwd file.. fixed. I've corrected
about 10-15 spelling errors in the passwd file, I am assuming the pgp key
is correct in all cases.

> > -------
> > pub   768R/E77BF5D5 1996-12-09 Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>
> >      Key fingerprint = 35 C3 3C 73 F9 06 2C 94  CF ED 42 81 E8 FB C8 C5
>
> Hmm, the third mitchell?  Branden, Martin and Bill Mitchell... And I
> thought Schulze was a common name...

But there is no brandon mitchell - Isn't Brandon the lead in the testing
group?

> > pub  1024R/7D7070A9 1997-11-28 Lars Wirzenius building Debian/Alpha
> > automatically <liw@iki.fi>
> >      Key fingerprint = B1 AC D9 05 F5 E3 1D 63  DC B4 76 93 8C E3 22 6F
> >
> > pub  1024R/4CBA92D1 1995-09-26 Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>
> >      Key fingerprint = E7 FA 89 85 6D 9B 78 1D  F5 30 EB FB D8 11 CA 3F
> > uid                            Lars Wirzenius <wirzeniu@cs.helsinki.fi>
>
> Maintainer of pgp - you should know him from irc.  Seems to use an
> upload queue.

Yes I do, I included him to get his comments on the matter..

> Hmm... sad story... he's entirely lost in the nowhere.  I made several
> attempts to revive him but failed.  I won't object a termination of
> his accounts

The two you said to remove probably have been, I am using a slightly dated
pgp keyring - I'll check again today with the latest keyring

The two without accounts I will create database entries that do not
translate into useable accounts as Lars requested.

As for the rest.. I guess someone will have to try to contact them and
decide if they are missing? Volenteer please?

Jason