Re: dpkg --overwrite still turned on !?!

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 11:55:40PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> perhaps a better solution would be for dpkg to mail a whinge to the
> address in the Maintainer field. the more people who install the
> package, the more incentive there is for the maintainer to fix the
> problem.
>
> i haven't decided if this suggestion is serious or a joke :)
I think a few maintainers might get angry with you.  <G>  However, there is,
perhaps, a simple solution: file a bugreport automaticly.  (If dpkg wanted
to be really slick, it could check what package the file being overwritten
belonged to, and include that detail.)  This would require the bug-system
checking for duplicate bugs being filed (and merging or discarding).

	-=- James Mastros
--
"My friend Data: You see the world with the wonder of a child, and that
makes you more human then any of us."

Warning: Not (yet) a developer.