Re: Native linux port to PowerPC

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 12:12:52PM -0500, Jor-el wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Yesterday I had the opportunity to install linux on an IBM
> PowerPC, and I was looking forward to testing my favourite Linux distro on
> this machine. However, I discovered after some searching around, that the
> Debian PowerPC port is really an MkLinux port, rather than the native one
> done by the www.linuxppc.org people. In fact, the only distro that does a
> native PowerPC port is RedHat.

Umm, Debian's PowerPC port is not MkLinux which is a microkernel based
system. IIRC, RS6000 machines aren't really supported since they require
a different type of bootstrap, and mainly just PowerPC Macs are supported.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation