Re: /etc/init.d/network is too simple?

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 11:18:42AM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> I don't know if this follows exactly along the same lines.. but there was a
> time recently that I wished I could do a "./network stop" or "./network
> restart" the way other init.d scripts can.

What I notice is missing is that the network is one of the few things in the
system without an associated config command. We have 'tzconfig' for timezones,
'apacheconfig' for apache, 'sendmailconfig' for sendmail and so on, but the
only nice front end for configuring the network is during the install.

This doesn't bother me personally, since I know my way around a Debian system
very well, but it's annoying when trying to sell the merits of Debian over,
for example, RedHat.

--
Scott Barker       scott@mostlylinux.ab.ca
Linux Consultant   http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott

Want a good deal on a personal computer in Calgary, Alberta, Canada?
Visit http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott/computers.shtml

[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"To avoid slow performance, Apple suggests that the amount of virtual memory
   you select be less than the system RAM."
   - INFOWORLD