Re: Request to package: cvsup

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 01:26:24PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 08:15:45PM +0200, Sven Rudolph wrote:
> > Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:
> >
> > > I wonder why there is no cvsup package yet.  Oh well, I guess
> > > I know why: It needs a modula-3 compiler which is not available
> > > or something.
> >
> > During the last years several people tried to package the DEC SRC
> > Modula-3 compiled. All failed, including me.
> >
> > It frequently intermixes compiling and installing parts into the final
> > location; hence it is quite impossible to package it according to
> > Debian standards. Things might have changed lately. And there might be
> > other Modula-3 compilers.
>
> Well, I got curious about this cvsup program, looked at the website, read
> some about it.  It's impressive.  And it would be _really_ useful.  Reading
> the install docs, PM3[1] might be a better bet than DEC SRC.  Looked at
> that, but it's a 26 MB download -- that's a no-can-do at the moment for me.
> Reading PM3's installation guide, the initial package _will_ be a PITA:

There was also one that Richard Watts did - try searching on
www.cl.cam.ac.uk.  IIRC the install was pretty straightforward, but it was a
binary image so I don't know how hard it was to build.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org