Re: How safe is to go to glibc 2.1?

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 12:18:12PM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio did spake thusly:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am upgrading my system (via apt) to have gimp 1.1 and
> some other "on th edge" stuff. Apt wants to upgrade libc to 2.1,
> by removing all the egcs stuff and some other packages...
>
> 	There are some packages that will surely break? I mean,
> I need to compile plain C, use scheme (elk) and perl and develop
> gimp plug-ins. Will the upgrade give me any problems?

The gcc in unstable is egcs, since glibc2.1 requires egcs, the old gcc
versions don't work properly with it I believe. I'm pretty sure apt
will install it for you automatically.

I'm finding very few problems with the upgrade to glibc2.1, nothing like
the doom and gloom some people have been talking about.

--
- Shane King <thandor@ihug.com.au>     <ICQ#:2492866>
             <http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~thandor/>