How safe is to go to glibc 2.1?

Hi,

	I am upgrading my system (via apt) to have gimp 1.1 and
some other "on th edge" stuff. Apt wants to upgrade libc to 2.1,
by removing all the egcs stuff and some other packages...

	There are some packages that will surely break? I mean,
I need to compile plain C, use scheme (elk) and perl and develop
gimp plug-ins. Will the upgrade give me any problems?

Thanx,
Federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                    {Friend of Penguins}
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                    fog@debian.org