Re: Want to take tcs package

At 17:15 +0200 1999-04-12, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> I'd like to take tcs package.
> I found it useful for webmaster work.
> I'd like to add support other charsets (cp12xx) and support for
> <META ... charset ...> tag in HTML documents.

How about just provide a tool for converting charset definitions,
found on ftp.unicode.org to tcs format, or may be make tcs to be able
read them directly as catdoc does?

Do you suggest to use other tool but with some wrapper for compatibility
with tcs?

Hm, I see that I should write some new tool.

Allow me to mention the implementation of `iconv' that is part of glibc 2.1. iconv is a set of functions defined in the XPG2 standard that convert from one character set to another. glibc 2.1 also comes with a conversion program implemented using the iconv API. See `info libc "Generic Charset Conversion"' (if you have the potato glibc-doc package installed) for more details.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>