Ref: Bruce vs Eric threats; do you (& we)actually put up with this?

this fight is realy below par and the threats of guns? gangsters, low life? Let
Bruce and Erik get back to the low life they (probably) came from, please, at
least, distance them from this open software movement, get them back to the holes
they obviously came from and soon forget them..........! just low life???? (vote!!
to throw them out now!!!!!! they're just a couple of spoiled kids) and certainly
not worthy of our seriou

> email threat

>    * To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
>    * Subject: email threat
>    * From: bruce@perens.com
>    * Date: 5 Apr 1999 22:48:59 -0000

> Today I received the following threat in e-mail from Eric Raymond. The message
> was copied to the Silicon Valley Linux User's Group officers, who you may
> consult regarding its authenticity. The police have been notified.
>
> Because I know that Eric is a firearms enthusiast, for my own protection,
> I feel the best strategy is for me to publicize the threat widely.
>
>         Thanks
>
>         Bruce Perens
>
> > Damn straight I took it personally.  And if you ever again behave like
> > that kind of disruptive asshole in public, insult me, and jeopardize
> > the interests of our entire tribe, I'll take it just as personally --
> > and I will find a way to make you regret it.  Watch your step.

>    * Follow-Ups:
>         o Re: email threat
>              + From: "Andrew G . Feinberg" <agf@debian.org>
>         o Re: email threat