Re: [Richard Braakman <dark@debian.org>] roxen-fonts-iso8859-1_0-1_i386.changes REJECTED

>> "BP" == Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

BP> That's absurd.  Fonts are copyrightable like any work is.

BP> No.  In the US at least fonts themselves are not copyrightable.
BP> However digitized fonts *are* copyrightable.

I asked Grubba from Idonex about this again yesterday, and here is
their answer. Hopefully this means the package can be included.

From: Mattias Wingstedt <wing@idonex.se>
Subject: Re: License question about the additional fonts
To: Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de>
cc: Henrik Grubbström <grubba@idonex.se>, Idonex information <info@idonex.se>

The bitmapped fonts used by Roxen are not subject to copyright. We have
even checked this with Adobe, from which vector fonts some of the
bitmapped fonts were generated. This might seem strange, but creating a
bitmapped image from the vector fonts is the normal usage of the font. If
you then use the bittmapped image as a bitmapped font is your business.

--
Mattias Wingstedt
Idonex			  Tel: +46-(0)13-376805	    wing@idonex.se