Re: Intent to package: [Biology] seqio library

At 13:11 +0200 1999-03-24, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 10:52:26AM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
seqio is a library (so it will goes into devel/) for writing/reading
biosequences files. The same source includes programs which use the library
like fmtseq so I will make three packages: seqio, seqio-dev and seqio-bin (in
misc/ while we wait for the science/ section).

Shouldn't this be, by convention,

libseqio42 in libs
libseqio-dev in devel
seqio-bin in misc

where 42 is the soname?  (Note that the soname must be there in the
shared library package name, according to Debian Policy § 4.3.)

Policy says the -dev package is supposed to have the "soname" too.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>