Re: Let's CENSOR it! (was: Uploaded anarchism 7.5-1 (source all) to master)

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 11:38 +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 05:53:55PM -0600, Rob Browning wrote:
> > Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > else we might as well package the entire internet.
> >
> > I thought we were working on that.
>
> It would appear so. Given this, I'm surprised that all the debian-*
> archives aren't packaged; that could actually be useful.

Now that you mention it - yes, that would be darn useful, especially for
those of us who have metered calls. Three thoughts on this: Having the
archives searchable directly from a CD would be good (save HD space),
having an eventual debed version updatable by the week/month (so as not
having to get the entire thing down just to get last months postings), and
also perhaps some system of combining the two (main archive on CD, and
subsequent updates as debs). I would offer to look into this, but as I
said, I have metered calls and wouldn't be able to afford the cost of
sorting it out :(

Cheers
	Dave