Re: Beer Swap (was Re: Volume on -devel)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Ian Keith Setford wrote:

> Alright I can't not say anything anymore.  How can you justify limiting
> non-developers by saying they add nothing pertinient to Debian
> developement when you are participating in a thread that doesn't belong on
> -devel? (UK get together)
>
> Just because it is developers getting together doesn't make this list an
> appropriate forum for it.  If the act of *being* a developer makes your
> threads, regardless of content or pertinence, justified then the whole
> list is a farce in the first place.

I gave this some thought myself.

However - can you tell me where we *should* have the thread UK
get-together?

It seems to me that promoting a bit of real-life developer interaction is
good, and we have mailing lists to communicate...

-private would have been far worse, -user would have completely missed the
target audience..

Jules