Re: Volume on -devel

On 17-Mar-1999, Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 02:28:11PM +1100, Tyson Dowd wrote:
> > I support a move to make debian-devel for the discussion of development
> > of Debian (and thus should be largely, but not completely, posted to by
> > developers).
> >
> > A new list (or more than one) to discuss other topics that routinely
> > pop up here is necessary.  Perhaps this kind of setup would help (with
> > some example topics drawn from current lists).
> >
> > 	debian-user [..]
> > 	debian-unstable [..]
> > 	debian-devel [..]
> > 	debian-discuss [..]
>
> This is actually a good split of -devel I think.  The question then
> becomes how do you get people to use the new lists as appropriate?

By telling them to move their thread to another list.  For example
right now we should be telling people to move their slink queries to
debian-user.

I would expect for most people this is all they need to know.

There will be some overlap, but I'm pretty sure it will be a lot
less than before.

--
The quantum sort:
	while (!sorted) { do_nothing(); }