Re: Beta-testing and the glibc 2.1 (Was: Missing ldd? Have libc6 on hold? Get ldso from slink...

>> If you need your machine for "real work" then you shouldn't be running
>> unstable.
> If debian unstable isn't tested on machines used for real work,
> debian is going to end up a toy distribution which is only suitable for
> work on systems which aren't appropriate for real work.

   I agree wholeheartedly.  While one shouldn't complain too much if one runs
into problems, real life testing of unstable is important.

   I do appreciate the "heads up" warnings about problems in potato though.  I
plan on moving one of my main servers over to potato as soon as the
apache-ssl/common conflict gets straightened out.  I'll have it track a little
"behind" real potato just to avoid unexpected gotchas, but you're right -- if
someone isn't testing unstable how's it ever going to get stable? :-)

--
 .                       | Celebrate the Linux "WE'RE NEVER GOING OUT
 Randy                   | OF BUSINESS SALE" by downloading an entire