Re: The Apple Public Source License - Our Concerns

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 05:42:04PM -0000, bruce@hams.com wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman (Debian Project Leader), Ian Jackson (SPI
> President) and myself have written an open letter regarding our
> concerns about the Apple Public Source License. Please read
> http://perens.com/APSL.html .

Looks pretty good - it's important to not be too antagonistic towards
Apple, IMO.  Has anyone heard from ESR about this mess?  If not, is it
going to be released?  Widely?

Someone ought to write an article... "Get your lawyers' grubby hands
off my free software" ;-) It seems like Apple may be trying to do the
right thing, but like all of these large companies, they may be having
some internal troubles.  The IBM developes, for instance, seem to
really be in favor of Free Software, but the license is lawyer
derived...

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus