Re: libdb2 problems??

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 01:30:15PM -0500, Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> when i upgraded my system to potato i switched from smail to sendmail
> (because i know how to configure it... anybody know what the exim/smail
> version of LUSER_RELAY is?) and i remember getting a warning from
> sendmail's install about this. it worked fine for me, and i don't
> remember what the warnign was exactly, just that it had to do with
> rebuilding the alias database and libdb2. are you using the latest
> version of sendmail? did you restart it? maybe you should run
> sendmailconfig again? sorry i'm not being very helpful but it is a clue.
Hi,

Libdb2 seems to have broken sendmail.  A restart doesn't work and neither
will a reboot.  the db_open call returns invalid arguement when sendmail
calls it with any .db file.  Mainly the aliases.db or
/etc/mail/virtusertable.db.  It might need a recompile with the new libdb2
but I am not sure.

Does anyone have sendmail working after upgrading libdb2?

--
Shane Wegner: shane@cm.nu
Tel: (604) 930-0530