[ANNOUNCE] APT 0.3.2 released!

It's that time again!

The Debian APT Team would like to proudly announce the arrival of APT
version 0.3.2, the next-generation package manager for Debian
GNU/Linux. This release heralds a major jump in the way APT is laid
out and put together; the plug-in architecture has been radically
modified (for the better!) and there is now an /etc/apt/apt.conf file
to modify just about everything possible about APT's behavior.

APT also comes with a heaping helping of documentation now; a Users'
Guide, configuration guide, and all sorts of wonderful information
comes along with the main 'apt' package. If you're more interested in
learning how the innards of APT work, or you'd like to learn how to
make a plug-in, check out the new libapt-pkg-doc and libapt-pkg-dev
packages.

Also with this release of APT will come the new Gnome GUI front-end,
aptly titled Gnome Apt. Gnome Apt has been under development for a few
months and is proceeding excellently. We hope Gnome Apt will make it
easier and more pleasant to manage your Debian packaging system.

More information about Gnome Apt is available from
http://www.debian.org/~hp/gnome-apt.html .

If you wish to try out Gnome Apt, you may want to take a look at the
Debian Gnome "staging area", where the Debian developers are busily
coordinating several stages of Gnome 1.0 packages for both the stable
and unstable releases of Debian. More information about the Gnome
staging area is at: http://www.debian.org/~jim/debian-gtk-gnome/README

Happy APTing!

Ben Gertzfield

--
Brought to you by the letters I and B and the number 19.
"More testicles means more iron."