Re: Intent to package: abisource

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 01:22:51PM -0600, David Welton wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 11:18:36AM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> > This software, while not done, is done enough that I can use it for 90% of
> > what my wife keeps Word around for and the office at work keeps amipro for.
> > I'm stoked.
>
> Yeah, I was pretty impressed with what they had at linuxworld.  I
> didn't think that it was quite as advanced as it is...
Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little.  Most of what *I* do is letter writing
and keeping my resume and it'll do that nicely.  It is missing a few things
that would be nice in reports and other such, "longer" documentation.. such
as page numbers.

> I'm curious to see how their commercial efforts will turn out.  Afaik,
> they are the only company that is actually basing their business off
> of open source software *that they wrote*.
I'm curious to see how that turns out, too.  It'll be interesting to watch
what happens to them.