source files on ftp.debian hosed?

I tried to download the .orig.tar, .dsc, and .diff.gz files from slink
on ftp.debian.org for a2ps and c2ps.  When I tried to unpack them
using dpkg-source -x I got the message that the length of the .diff.gz
files was longer than expected.  Seems that what I got from the ftp
site was already gunziped.  I used Netscape to download these files,
but this was on Windows NT, which has never (in the past) piped the
files into gunzip (well winzip actually) before storing them (which I
know can happen with netscape on linux).  So I tried gziping the files
back but the length is still wrong.  If I edit the length in the .dsc
files the crc is wrong.  Could someone check the archive on the ftp
site, I'd like to figure out if the problem is on my end or not.

FYI:
What I have here by the way, is an NT box on a corporate network which
has access to the net at T1 speed via a microsoft proxy.  My linux box
(running hamm) is on the same network running Samba, so it looks like
a windows share.  I saved the files directly to the linux box from the
NT box via the network.  I can't get the linux box to see the internet
over the corporate network, it lacks whatever magic the microsoft
proxy provides.

==
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze