Re: How to build a package which can be included in MIME support

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> OTOH, xv is (IIRC) non-free; depending on your point of view, xli should
> be higher priority. But then if you've installed xv, it makes sense to use it.
Following the first opinion I should make paul also of higher priority than xv,
but the second sentence implies to place xv at high priority because,
the "normal" (= free) state has a certain priority.  If someone installs
non-free software I think he has a certain reason to use it and so it makes
sense to place it at higher priority -- which could be confusing for
the people who like only free software.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

PS: By the way:  In principle it wouldn't be a big problem to add all
    xv functionality to paul.  But I won't do that because I need only
    special features and havn't enough time to add features I didn't use.
    If someone is interested in supporting paul to replace xv, feel free
    to contact me.