RE: Linux Expo (in Raleigh)

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Shaleh wrote:

> On 10-Mar-99 James LewisMoss wrote:
> > I'm coordinating for Debian at the booth at Linux Expo (this the one
> > in Raleigh, NC, US not the similarly named one in CA, US).
> >
> > I'm concerned with three issues at the moment:
> >

> I will be there and intend to man the booth the whole time.  Help w/
> accomodations, fun, etc. welcome.

assuming i can get the majority of my expenses taken care of (namely; get
my boss to let me do it as a business trip), i'll try and help at the
booth when i can. assuming i have my thinkpad 860 by then (the way things
are going ATM, i think it's safe to assume i *will* have it) i'll be glad
to leave it at the booth (secured to something of course) for the majority
of the show. and it will be running linux. :)

for those of you who don't know; the ibm thinkpad 860 is now considered a
rare beast. it's the only 'portable' rs/6000. 603e, 2.1 or larger SCSI2
hdd, 2x cd-rom, gt20 graphics. yes, scsi2 in a laptop. ;)  neat little
things.

also, if anybody from the cleveland/akron/canton area is planning on
driving it, lemme know. perhaps we can carpool or something, assuming i
can con, er, convince my boss. };)

-prj