dpkg bug

This is what I get from dpkg after trying to install yesterday's communicator
packages.  Anyone want the core file?  Is there any version of dpkg newer than
that in potato for me to try?

dpkg: ../../../main/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
/usr/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/install: line 72:  9082 Aborted                 (core dumped) $DPKG --configure -a

--
I am in London and would like to meet any Linux users here.
I plan to work in London for 6 months and then I might move to some other