Re: xfree 3.3.3

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 01:40:55PM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>
> > > The problem with this is that Branden will get all the bug reports,
> > > from both versions.  He already has trouble enough keeping track
> > > of his own bugs, he doesn't want yours :-)
>
> > this is a bug in the bug tracking system, isn't it ?
>
> I think taht it is a pretty neat feature that the packege maintainer
> gets all the bugreports on a package.
>

> If somebody would release new Xpackages for potato, which I don't think
> they should, they have to use another name like x333foobar instead of
> xfoobar.

and uplaod all the 40MB source of it to every debian mirror ??? like the corel
guys did some time ago ?

no if we go ahead with the staging-area idea, we could also need a system for
having more than one developper per package, or one developper for unstable and
oine for stable, or something like that.

and what about the bugs for package witrh other archs than the one the official
maintainer uses ?

Some packages like X is to big for one guy alone, ... at least i think so.

> If Branden plans to continue to maintain X I don't see any reason to
> steal it from him. He has any reason to keep working on the slink version/

No i don't want to use X, it's just, i wanted to do recompile an X package and
since the official one was incompilable under ppc arch, and i just compiled X
3331 without problem from the upstream source, i did the package, and wanted to
put them somewhere.

potato was the logical place for that, it is made for this kind of stuff ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER