From: Jaldhar H. Vyas [mailto:jaldhar@braincells.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 10:08 AM
To: Navindra Umanee
Subject: Re: is GNOME the future default desktop?

I would strenuously object if that were the case.  Currently KDE has
license problems that prevent its inclusion in Debian.  Fine I accept
that.  However when that issue settles down I hope KDE will be treated on
an equal footing by the project as a whole.  (If individual developers
want to work on one or the othr that's another thing.)

As a project, Debian should concentrate on things like the menu system
that work across all window managers.  We could be the "elder statesman"
that brings the warring factions together.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@braincells.com>