Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd (+binary compatablity?)

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 03:49:33PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:38:45 +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:

> > a less demanding tone might even get you some answers.
>
> I shouldn't have even had to have asked the question.

oh yes.  that's right, i forgot.  the whole world revolves around you and we
should read your mind to save you any effort.

> You said that Linux networking code has been beating FreeBSD
> networking code "for years."

> Yet you didn't cite any examples to back up your claim.  I challenged it and
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^

it didn't seem like a "challenge" to me. it seemed more like "TELL ME
WHERE THE INFO IS SO I CAN SCORE AGAINST MY CO_WORKERS!!!  DO IT NOW!".

and i said at the time in response to yours or someone else's question -
look in the linux-kernel archives. i recall seeing benchmarks posted a
couple of years ago.

you make a huge fuss over one little off-the-cuff remark.

my point in my original message was NOT to say linux's networking code
was better than FreeBSD's. i don't personally give a damn whether it
is or it isn't. my point was to highlight the fact that FreeBSD bigots
still repeat claims which were disproven years ago. i.e. their position
is religious, not factual.

> still, what, almost a week later, noone has been able to back up your
> claim.

i made no claim. i reported information that i had encountered several
years in the past.

i think this list would be a lot more pleasant if you weren't such an
argumentative SOB. it seems there is hardly any thread that you don't
feel compelled to rudely, arrogantly(*) and irritatingly create some
annoying fucking argument over some pedantic trifle. your "contribution"
to the list is, apart from flames and other worthless crap, negligible.

in short, your attitude sucks and really gives me (and several other
people) the shits.

this is spelt out here in no uncertain terms because you seem incapable
of taking a hint - STOP PISSING PEOPLE OFF OVER TRIVIALITIES.

(*) justifiable arrogance is OK.  however, there is little justification for
arrogance in your particular case.

DO NOT BOTHER REPLYING.

Your addresses have been uncommented from my procmail shit-list again.

craig

--
craig sanders