Re: [prePROPOSAL] DFSG (draft 7)

On Feb 19, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > 2.5. Distribution
> > -----------------
> >
> >      Anyone must be able to give away or sell copies of the software and
> >      sources without paying a fee or royalty. However, nobody can be
> >      required to distribute the software. This includes modified or derived
> >      work.
>
> this possibly conflicts with the GPL. the GPL requires you to
> distribute/make available the source code for X years if you have ever
> distributed a binary.

How about "nobody can be required to distribute the software, except
to comply with any provision of the license pertaining to the
availability of source code".

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence        |                My home page:               |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>   |     http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/     |
|   Grad Student, Pol. Sci.    |   Visit the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:   |
|  University of Mississippi   |   <*> http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ <*>   |