Re: It's Time to Release

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 01:44:26AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously David Welton wrote:
> > Those of us manning the booth are not going to look very good if we
> > don't have any up to date CD's of our distribution:-(

> Not if someone has a burner and we can make really-fresh CD's the
> day after...

How many CD's can a typical burner make in an hour?  How many CD's can
we give away in an hour?  I don't know, actually, but I'm guess that
it's not a good ratio, unless we have a *nice* burner.  Maybe we could
get someone like cheapbytes to overnight us a bunch?  This show is
going to be *big*, and it might be worth spending some SPI money for.
Or maybe we should charge for our Free CD's, pounding home the point
that we mean free as in liberty:-}

--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus