Re: Kernel 2.2 and Slink

Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> wrote:

> Michael Stone wrote:
>
> > Maybe if we didn't spend so much time between release cycles, people
> > wouldn't feel a need to upload problematic packages just before the
> > freeze and it wouldn't take four months to debug...
>
> Hmm, isn't that a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem:  if it didn't take
> so long to release new versions, maybe people wouldn't do things that
> make it take so long to release new versions....
>
> Or are you saying that we should start a new freeze ASAP after a stable
> release?  (In which case, I think I agree).

Or atleast have a 'Coldness: High' emeditly after stable release. Have that
for one or two months. THEN freeze.

--
    We are GNU.  You will be GPL'ed.  Resistance is futile.
 / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \  Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>

Nazi Legion of Doom spy strategic NSA supercomputer $400 million in
gold bullion Cocaine radar AK-47 Honduras SEAL Team 6 genetic BATF
Kennedy