Re: Gnome to be removed from debian? [OT: free QT note]

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 01:23:53AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> One thing that I fear more, is the release of the new QT with the
> DFSG free and GPL compliant licence. With Debian's well known
> freezing process luck, that stampede will hit us just about when
> the freeze starts :'(

It appears (from the KDE mailing lists) that the new QT (2.0) isn't
entirely backwards compatible with 1.42.  So, it's possible that this is
a non-issue; it may not be until KDE 1.2 or 2.0 or whatever release is
now after 1.1 that we get a KDE that Debian can redistribute without
worrying about the licenses.  (OTOH, they may fix the backward
compatibility between now and when the currently-alpha QT 2.0 ships ...
in which case, yes, Debian will probably be ... two days before a freeze.
:)

--
Anderson MacKay <mackay@rice.edu>