Re: Gnome to be removed from debian?

Hi,

> The smartest thing to do - which reminds me on a startrek voyager
> episode - is doing nothing. It is an **unstable** and **unguaranteed for**
> portion of Debian. If you want it, you just have to fight with it.

I disagree.  If all of the GNOME related Debian developers coordinated
their efforts and made sure that their packages worked with each
other before releasing their packages then many of the current library
version related problems could be avoided.  Of course, we would still have
problems with bugs in GNOME/etc, an inherent part of alpha software, but
at least we would be able to avoid the current library version problems if
we coordinated GNOME related package releases.

-Ossama
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26